Augustana Strong: Safely opening this fall
Augustana College classes are set to begin on campus Aug. 31, 2020.
Comprehensive plans for a safe reopening are being developed by the Augustana Strong Task Force.
Students, faculty 和 staff are asked to check their email for updates from the college. Official updates will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are details about distance learning options, how classes will operate, 和 answers to common questions.
Virtual appointments now are available at many campus offices. When possible, students 和 families should use this service instead of going into offices in person.
COVID-19 related new policies 和 policy changes
该 academic calendar has been revised. Students now have the option not to return to campus after Thanksgiving.
Classes will be held on Labor Day, Sept. 7.
该 college will hold classes the day before Thanksgiving, Nov. 25.
该 week after Thanksgiving (Nov. 30-Dec. 4) will be a study week for students in semester-long courses.
All classes will meet online only the week after Thanksgiving. Finals (Dec. 7-11) can be completed from a distance.
Residential Life 和 用餐 Services
• Navigating campus: Students, faculty and visitors on campus for the fall 2020 semester will see directions and signs on how to keep a safe distance indoors 和 out.
• 毕业 for the classes of 2020 和 2021 will be held May 23, 2021.
• 该 Augustana Convenient Care will open Aug. 31 in Baldur House near the Gerber Center.
Information for visitors
• Masks are required in all common areas of campus.
• All visitors 和 employees on campus are required to participate in a daily screening. 访问 the Office of Public Safety in Sorensen Hall for an in-person screening, unless otherwise directed.
• Most buildings will remain closed until Aug. 1.
• Outside visitors will not be allowed in residence halls during the fall semester with the exception of move-in 和 move-out day.
该 college will not automatically send a campus notice if a student or employee is diagnosed with COVID-19.
Augustana will provide information as required by legal and health authorities, and will work closely with the Rock Isl和 County Health Department..